I. Education Specialities and Specializations (Majors and Optional)
1. Physics, major - Quantum Electronics;
2. Physics, major - Physics' computer science;
3. Physics, optional - Technological Science;
5. Mathematics, optional - Physics;
6. Biology, optional - Practical Psychology;
7. Biology, optional - Chemistry;
9. History, optional - English, German, French Languages;
10. Byelorussian Language, Literature and Culture
11. Russian Language and Literature;
12. Polish Language and Literature and Byelorussian Language, and Literature;
13. Polish Language and Literature and Russian Language, and Literature;
14. Russian Language and Literature and Byelorussian Language, and Literature;
15. Education and Methods of Primary School Teaching, optional - Methods of Teaching;
16. Fine Arts, Native and World Literature;
17. Music, Native and World Literature;
18. Physical Culture, optional - Biology
19. Physical Culture, optional - Methods of Mass Physical and Health Protection Work;
20. Physical Culture, optional - Physical Training.
1. Radiophysics and Electronics;
2. Optical Devices and Systems;
3. Equipment and Technology of Wear Resistance and Strength of Machine Elements and Apparatus;
4. Software for Computing Machinery and Automated Systems
1. Law - State and Law, Economy and Law, the Procurator's Supervision, Legal and Solicitor's Proceedings;
2. International Economic Relations - Private International Law, Public International Law;
3. Management - Industrial Management, Public Services Management, Small Business Management;
4. Marketing - Organisation of Companies' Marketing Activities;
5. Finances and Credits - Finances of Enterprises, Crediting of Enterprises.
A Diploma of higher education is awarded after competition of the University's program with empahsis' in humanitarian, socio-economic, natural-science or professional training. The length of study including a year at the Preliminary Department is six years with the exception of Medicine which is seven years. Studies are organised according to a curruculum with 26-30 class hours a week and includes professional practical training. On successful completion of the curriculum and defense of the Thesis (MS Diploma), the state Diploma is awarded in the corresponding field of study.
The training of highly qualified scientific and pedagogical personnel for teaching and research work is carried out in the PhD program. Recipients of the MS diploma who achieved a good record of academic performance and pass the entrance examination can enter the next level of studies at the University - Aspirantura( Graduate Scvhool). The Aspirantura consists of individual study with 14 class hours a week. The Aspiranture programme lasts for the period of three-four years. After completion and the successful defense of a dissertation, the aspirant is awarded the Scientific degree of Kandidat Nauk (an equivalent of Ph.D. degree in most fields).
Go back to Hrodna University page or VG to Belarus